14 August 2008

You Don't Become a Success by Hanging with BUMS.....

"It's not a diss blog, it's a real blog."

The past few days have afforded me the opportunity to cut some ties and make some real decisions. As a realist, I understand that all relationships aren't good for you and that people you may care about can have ulterior motives and not your best interest at heart. Needless to say, I'm at a place in my life where I'm reaching for success on all levels and if the people in my circle aren't doing the same.....

I'm finishing my degree, coming closer and closer to becoming a published author, and I'm on my grind, making the moves needed to secure a future that doesn't include making someone else rich off of my intelligence. Complacency is out of the question and I am realizing that sometimes you have to step back and clean some things up for the greater good. Oh well, not my loss. Still love you, but.....

2 comments:

The Socialite said...

That is so true. The saying, "You are who you hang out with" is so true. When you hang around negativity, you tend to become negative. This applies to all other areas. Sometimes it is good evaluate who you hang out with and make some changes.

Mandii Nichole said...

I had to cut off my ace of 9 years for this very reason.

I'm always forward-thinking. If you don't like your situation, CHANGE IT! Sitting around griping and complaining is not the answer. Work to better yourself. Sure, it gets hard at times. But who said it was going to be easy? Glad I didn't get THAT memo.

I treat negativity like a highly contagious, infectious disease. Nothing will make me back away from a person quicker...

...well...unless they have an actual highly contagious, infectious disease. Or a pet tarantula =/

Jetsetter. I defy Time Zones.