03 June 2008

Nasir Aleem vs Nasir Aleem

Lately, I have been finding myself inside of an internal battle with myself. In Islam, we call it jihad un-nafs, which is the battle against our lower desires. For some reason, I'm moving slower than I should in all aspects of my life. I see myself planning and not executing, knowing, but not acting on the knowledge, and just making choices that aren't going to have the best effect on my life and/or the people I hold close to me. I just haven't figured out who, what, when, or why, but something has to happen. I created a list of things I need to do on a daily basis and that was working well for a few days, but now I'm procrastinating on handling those affairs. I'm at a stagnant place in my life. I don't like it. I'm going to do something about it.

No comments:

Jetsetter. I defy Time Zones.